There are lots of people who like sporting headphones/earphones once they go to mattress. On condition that now we dwell within the age the place now we have wi-fi earbuds, it has turn into much more handy than ever, however it additionally seems that possibly it might be a well being and choking hazard ready to occur.

Based on a report from WWLP Information 22, that is precisely what occurred to a person, Bradford Gauthier, from Worcester, Massachusetts, who went to mattress along with his AirPods in his ears, solely to get up to seek out one among them lacking. A visit to the emergency room and an X-ray scan later revealed that one among his AirPods had been swallowed and was not trapped in his esophagus.

Gauthier claims to have woken up within the morning and felt a slight discomfort in his chest however didn’t assume an excessive amount of of it. He later went to shovel snow for an hour, got here again and drank some water solely to seek out out he couldn’t swallow, which led him to creating a visit to the ER. Fortunately, the AirPod was eliminated and there have been no critical accidents precipitated in consequence.

Amazingly sufficient, this isn’t the primary time we’re listening to about individuals by chance swallowing their AirPods. The primary reported case was again in 2019 with a person from Taiwan who managed to poop it out. This was adopted by one other case in 2020 the place a 7-year swallowed his AirPods, though fortunately all these instances didn’t end in something extra critical.

Filed in Apple >Audio >Devices. Learn extra about AirPods and Headphones. Supply: cultofmac

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *